Wednesday, May 25, 2011

take a breath, beth

it feels like i'm always at work lately. i know that it isn't true, but it feels that way. and when i work weekends and erik works weeks, it means there are few adventures happening. not to mention that every evening, one of the two of us is exhausted and the other wants to get out and do something... it isn't the smoothest arrangement for sure.

i'm going to be increasing my role at the bookstore once again... a behind-the-scenes sort of job that i think will suit me, but still worries me. last summer i worked two jobs and NEVER, NEVER had any time for myself. i refuse to do that again. but if i'm going to have control over this work schedule, i need to be brave enough to stand up for myself. wish me luck.


today, during my second work day of the day, a couple came in to the shop up at red ridge. they were visiting from l.a. and when i asked them what brought them to the dundee hills, they said "we just needed to get away." i've been feeling that way lately too. it wouldn't take much. a day at the coast. a nice hike somewhere. time to hang out with erik without other things hanging over us.

soon. it'll happen soon. in the meantime, i'm enjoying pictures of other people's escapes.

b

2 comments:

Ansley said...

Good luck standing up for yourself, dearie! I have been struggling with that, too, this year. I know you can do it! You always inspire me to be more careful about taking time for myself.

Jen said...

"take a breath from your treasure chest..."

Here's me sending you a bit of peace and presence across the ocean!