Thursday, January 21, 2010

a poem a day...

... sounds ambitious. but i like the idea. what about a one sentence, one line poem? every single day day.

i am going to call it the "today beth..." series, and i may even dedicate a new notebook to this endeavor. i want to pay more attention to my days. i was telling erik just yesterday that i have a horrible memory. so often a friend will ask me, "what did you do today?" or "how was your weekend?" and i struggle to remember what i did or how i felt about it. it is sad to me that so much time passes unnoticed. maybe that feeling is particularly acute because i am so close to the end of a lot of things right now. maybe this can help.


today beth opens windows, lets in light.

b


2 comments:

Becca said...

What a lovely idea! Best of luck in your endeavor.

In Ecuador I tried to write an "ode a day" and it definitely helped me look for something to celebrate (though I only lasted just over 2 weeks).

Ansley said...

Really like this idea. Let's share our stuff sometime?